It is what it is when you wear what you wear. (via All Things Fnkybee)
If you’re big into sports (or maybe not that big), you may have heard of the female sportscaster Ines Sainz. Well apparently, she was in a locker room at a Jets game and people were whistling, or making fun of her or something. Either way, CBS News has that portion of the story:
“In my opinion, I never felt I was attacked,” the Mexican sportscaster told Spanish-language program DeporTV on Monday. “I went to the locker room and started to talk about commentary and sports. Another reporter approached me to say he was sorry these things were happening…and that evidently people were making fun of me.”
But over at All Things FnkyBee, she has an interesting take on it.
I agree with her. If you’re going to dress like a whore to do your job then you’re going to get stares, whistles, etc. It’s not right. But if this is your professional look? I’d hate to see the going clubbing look, it’s probably something just shy of what a porn star wears during a shoot.
I did a Google image search for her and the only pictures I could find were ones similar to this one or of something that is definitely not safe for work. If you’re going to wear this in a locker room…expect to get some kind of a result.
And for the record I DO NOT condone sexual harassment of any sort.
- All Eyes On Ines Sainz Sexual Harassment Controversy (blogs.forbes.com)
- Ines Sainz uses Twitter to defend self in Jets sex harassment claim (nydailynews.com)
- Ines Sainz accepts Jets apology; says lockerroom behavior must change (nydailynews.com)
- Ines Sainz Pictures: NY Jets vs. Sexy Reporter (Watch)? (manolith.com)
- Sports of The Times: Brash or Crass, Jets’ Image Will Persist (nytimes.com)